Saturday, February 7, 2015

Healing the World


Coretta Scott King


...."Women, if the soul of this nation is to be saved, I believe that you must become its soul. You must speak out against the evils of our time as you see them. Those of us women who have been blessed with the privilege of bearing children have the sacred task of rearing them with a knowledge and understanding of our democratic heritage and the eternal values of love, justice, mercy and peace. As women and mothers, we have a common concern for the happiness of our children and their families, to unite our efforts throughout the world." ~Coretta Scott King


Hot Lyke Fire seated within a car


..."“People always say that I didn't give up my seat because I was tired, but that isn't true. I was not tired physically, or no more tired than I usually was at the end of a working day. I was not old, although some people have an image of me as being old then. I was forty-two. No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in.” ~ Rosa Parks



Rosa Parks seated on a bus
Creek & Black Indian

Nguzo Saba principle:
Ujima, Collective Work & Responsibility
 

No comments:

Post a Comment