Thursday, April 7, 2016

Blood Story & Motherhood



The most random menstrual story ever..lol


 So I was walking in the co-op health food store looking for chlorella tablets for a liver cleanse and I as I waited for the sales person to finish talking to a very young girl and her sheepish looking father, I noticed they had the Diva Cup in their hand. The whole scene was rather awkward, the sales person, the teenager and the dad. lol So I bust in on the conversation since I was hovering and said, "I'm just looking for some chlorella tablets, but I use the Diva Cup. Do you have questions?"


So a 30 min. conversation began about tampons, pads and the menstrual cup. The whole time we were talking, the girl (who was 14 by the way) had one of those funny water cups in her hand (you know the kind that looks like a sno cone that you get out of a water cooler) and I asked her to let me use it to show her how to put it in. LOL It was at that point the father walked to another aisle. LMAO
Seriously I can't begin to convey the depth of this conversation without writing a book. But I can say I was honored to guide this quiet shy young girl on her beautiful rite of passage into womanhood and influence her decision making to purchase her first diva cup. As I checked out her dad introduced himself to me and thanked me. I couldn't help but to think of the things dads do for their children and I got a little choked up. I then looked on my phone to confirm that the diva cup could be used while swimming and the young girl was so excited that it could be used that I invited her and her friends to my the pool in my building one day with her dad's permission of course. So then come to find out this young girl dances with a Indonesian dance company so they were astounded that I had been to Bali and now I got a invite to a Indonesian dance performance.


All week I have had the honor and pleasure to interact with young girls and it does not escape me that this is all a part of my divine healing surrounding motherhood. All I can' do is accept all the children who randomly adopt me and say THANK YOU....


~Ubuntu


Candace Mickens in Bali, Indonesia April 7, 2010

 

No comments:

Post a Comment