Friday, April 15, 2016

Test Strength & Integrity


Churris, motos y las dos juntas




Bike chick astride a black motorcycle in black herself.
January 30 , 2014

There is a tax on the soul taking, or giving into the temptation that vexes your spirit, and enchants every other sense of indecency.  The apostle Paul addressed this issue saying "..For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.." The words he wrote before that to the church in Rome at the time, "...For that which I do I allow not: for what I would do I do not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good, I find not." speaks directly to a real and perpetual dilemma felt by us all. It may sound like a rolling down the hill play with words, but the rhythm of the speech talks to the complexity of our emotions and touches the tenuous line between what we know to do, and yearn to do against what is best for us.

Paul was talking about that internal struggle that looks slightly familiar, yet is different because we are all different from each other's base elements, core values, and needs. We are structured to perform certain tasks in each lifetime, and some are only designed to live and perform in one lifetime of physical manifestation. Others, like myself, need to work during the lifetimes to evolve, and change in spite of how painful it sometimes is painful to the mind, the body (when lust is involved), or the spirit-of-who-you-are when integrity and trust are challenged.


- Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 2.25.14 

No comments:

Post a Comment