Tuesday, October 16, 2018

photo study of Indonesian beauty.


Featured Photographer: Dominic C 


Nude study of an Indonesian woman by Dominic C. titled Divine Sun Prosternation.


When choosing a model to work with what are things you look for?

The main criteria, of course, is the communion of thoughts: I must feel that my models and I are on the same artistic wave-length. They must understand exactly that my exploration – by image – of their femininity and sensuality aims essentially to the celebration of ultimate beauty. My muses must also be photogenic but it’s not an absolute requirement. That is why I often turn to young women who are not professional models, as long as they feel like putting forward their shapes, their charm, their deep inner soul…

Indonesian woman by Dominic covered by jungle leaf is an ultimate beauty, 
or Guardian of something elusive...


I love the tones you use in your work how are you achieving that?

Well, the editing is the work of my very talented assistant, Bayu, and the tones are inspired by my very good friend’s work, Jean-Paul Nacivet (a famous stock photographer). When I exhibited my nude photos for the first time in Paris, 2 years ago, Jean-Paul suggested that I edit these photos in sepia tones, and when I printed them (in Diasec), I realized he was right: B&W and sepia tones fit nude photography much better. Such tones provide with a feeling of timelessness.


Indonesian woman by Dominic C. flesh uncovered. 2016.




No comments:

Post a Comment