Monday, October 22, 2012

INVISIBLE WOMEN

Photography/ArtDirection/Styling: Mikaela Lyrea
Makeup and Hair: Seana Breh Gorlick
Model: Hannah Doerksen

All Rights Reserved Mikaela Lyrea Photography
©MikaelaLyrea




The invisible woman. I have a friend who is well known for her story, and well compensated when she tells it. Her story is long and gruesome, but it is fundamental to the reasons why she developed a program to help working women leave prostitution. It is an 18 month long process. At the court's discretion in lieu of jail time 'johns' are sent to my friend for a day of unlearning. The first time I heard my friend speak about her life as a prostitute, and drug addict I had to discover why the men caught cruising for prostitutes were only given a day in her program.

She said that was as long as the men could endure. "Why?" Because she made them look into the faces and the eyes of the women. It devastated them. These men were incapable of seeing these women, and the peep into a whore's eyes shattered them! She said very very few were ever arrested again. - Gregory E. Woods 8.22.12



model Hannah Doeksen. makeup Seana Breh Glorick. photography by Mikaela Lyrea.
 All Rights Reserved Mikaela Lyrea Photography ©MikaelaLyrea
... you put me deep in her introspection. With all I know, and think I know I know not her thoughts or what it feels like to be a woman in this world. - Gregory 

No comments:

Post a Comment