Thursday, February 13, 2014

2 CIVIL RIGHTS STORIES



Revdr Reed 

Clayborn Temple AME Church Thursday March 28, 1968 Memphis, Tn. 
Soror I was there!

After the riot began downtown, Dr. King was taken to safety and the marchers were redirected back to the church, the police came in and sprayed tear gas on us shouting "get out and go home." Eyes watering and burning, difficulty breathing, I 'm witnessing total disregard for the house of God! Police shoving, prodding and beating people with their sticks... 2.9.11

Sarone A Kennedy Sr

I was there. The memories are a little painful because of the people who were shot and beaten. A friend and I were standing in the side doorway of the church and he was shot in the hand. Tear gas and mace was put into the church by the police. I would like some one to do the story about us - the children of the foot soldiers. 2.9.11




No comments:

Post a Comment