Friday, February 14, 2014

Reconcile this Shit We're In!


Collage put together by Belmoun Ibo Lelé
January 24 , 2014


From the Slums of Haiti
To America’s ghetto
Our story strike the same
Melancholic tune.

This anti-self virus has hi-jacked
the Mind and crippled vision
To a distance of no further than the
Extension of the nostril’s bone

How could it be? Have the gods
Forsaken us? or maybe the white
Man is to blame? But all I see
are black faces; destroying, killing
and undermining their own development.

I don’t like to point my fingers
Instead, I used them to fix what needs
To be fixed. I hardly get on my knees
To ask Jesus or the whites for anything
That I have no desire to accomplish on my
Own.

All these killings, drug dealing, cicifying
Crying, bullshiting, cooning and agravating
Need to cease, before we end up on the
List of extinct species.

Belmoun Ibo Lelé 1.24.14



altar of actress Shima Sikander 


No comments:

Post a Comment