Friday, May 17, 2013

The Business of Nicki MINAJ

Nikki Minaj in red Versace cape with Taylor Swift
in a Zuhair Murad gown at 2012 Grammys


I have no scientific data to support the claim but, a lot of Black folks don't like to admit they like Nicki Minaj, or they don't like her period. I have long observed a disdain for color in the Washington DC area, and a resistance to colorful people who've flown the proverbial coup of conservative means of expression. Nicki Minaj is one such performer, and personality. 

I instantly liked her. Liked everything about her. My second reaction to her was a wish. A wish she'd been my own daughter. But, I have two wonderful daughters creating magic, and stirring colors in their own lives, and just simple delights to their father, and mother, and an adopted daughter, Shanelle, whom I adore. 

But, I am expressing my interest in this child again because of her business savvy. Dig this:

"... In fact, Minaj is so busy with other projects that she's already said she won't have time to tour this year. According to MTV, she recently dished, "I don't think I can. I really would love to, but I don't think I'll have the time, because I'm also going to be launching a few products this year that I'm really going to have to lend myself to the clothing line, I have a drink that's about to come out and these new speakers... So I have a lot of things that the business side of me has to work on, and I also want to be here so I can write. I obviously am going to start working on the third album very, very soon. I'm getting beats as we speak. I just haven't started writing, but that's my biggest priority at this point...." READ THE REST


Nicki Minaj in wild tame outfit



No comments:

Post a Comment