Saturday, May 25, 2013

Liberace's movie face


Liberace's Plastic Surgery Left Him Unable to Close His Eyes — Even While He Was Sleeping


By  | Yahoo! TV


Liberace in the CBS special "Leapin' Lizards, It's Liberace!" (1978)
CBS Photo Archive/Getty Images - Liberace in the CBS special "Leapin' Lizards, It's Liberace!" (1978)




"Now here is a bizarre movie I won't go to see, and I like movie challenges. I, like the rest of the country in those days, was compelled to watch Liberace. I didn't know a neighborhood where I cat like him could live to see the next day, or a church that would let him in the door, but I didn't know many not compelled to watch him perform. We'd never seen anything like him flaunting something we dared not say. 

A feminine man bedazzled in jewels and flamboyant, and happy in the 1970's? We contradicted ourselves and watched every show he was on. The nation did this as well as my own family and friends. There was nothing appealing about sissies then. But, Liberace was pushing at some boundaries I was not sophisticated enough to fathom so I watched him intently studying every move and word..." - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 5.25.13



"The film should have focused on the genius of Liberace as an excellent and very talented performer and entertainer, but viewers will not see that, they will only focus on the disturbed life style of the gays."Justoneinthecrowd  


"... as my daddy said ingenuity/intellect and insanity often walk hand and hand. the meaning of that old saying is crazy people are gifted." Jim 

No comments:

Post a Comment