Saturday, May 25, 2013

& Who are you?


Brad Pitt Says He Has Face Blindness

By Sadie Gennis | TV Guide




I never heard of prosopagnosia until, as an invited musician to a composers showcase, I listened to a composer interpret the condition. His artistry pulled me into the condition, and the dance interpreting the composition brought it home, and I was absorbed in what that state of being is like. It took me a little less than half of an hour to revive myself from the slope I'd descended to see this phenomenon, and later talk with the composer at length about the effect of his music. 

I understand Brad Pitts' dilemma, and marvel at his ability to be where he is in his life. That is an incredible act of power! - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 


Prosopagnosia is rare....very rare. I had a classmate whose mother had it. I went to school with her daughter from second-grade through high school. The daughter and I were very close and even dated when we were in high school. The daughter married a hometown friend of mine and I was in the wedding. He and I were both recently commissioned naval officers at Annapolis. So we were both in uniform. Mrs. V. thought that I was just a random classmate in the wedding. She asked me, "Have you seen (Anonymous) I know he is here." I replied, "Everyday in the mirror." She had trouble recognizing her own children (she had five) sometimes. If Brad doesn't have trouble recognizing his own kids or the different people in a flim....If he could tell George Clooney from Matt Damon in Oceans 12 (Other than by honing in on their clothes) he hasn't got it. He is just uninterested or distracted. This is fine. If I met as many people on a routine basis as he does I wouldn't want to remember all of them either. - Anonymous 

No comments:

Post a Comment