Saturday, September 24, 2016

Revisiting What Won't Go Away!


She Put in the Work!

"Guys, I don't get it. I really don't. Here is a woman who is doing her best to help and advocate for the black community. Until her true race was revealed, no one knew she was white. She lived and identified as an African American. This woman chose to forgo her white privilege to immerse and live in a culture that is unfairly demonized and eons behind in social construct and equality and yet she chose to be there because she felt so strongly about it. How is this a bad thing? Doesn't that make her an ally? She literally put that skin on and wore it." ~ Talia Gamble


Rachel Dolezal in August 25, 2015 above the fray, above the city.


"Rachel, I think you are a strong, powerful woman and I couldn't care less how you identify race. However, I will bet that if you took a DNA test there would be traces of black in you. When you are a strong woman many will come for you and try to destroy you. You have and I truly hope you will continue to help as many people as you have because in the end it is what you put into this world that counts. I have a tremendous amount of respect for what you do and how you continue to stand strong against the bullying. Anyone who decides to target you is only because you project something they lack. May GOD Bless you." ~ Yvette Cruz 


No comments:

Post a Comment