Friday, October 14, 2016

a story made up from sound





I got turned around in the woods one day, and happened upon an Asian woman herself lost. I wasn't lost, I told her. I was enjoying myself following energy lines. We talked a bit about why she was in the woods. After an hour or so she recognized distant voices calling her name. She smiled relieved a bit, but sad because she was learning how to walk barefoot and listen. Safe in my presence she handed me her carry bag and took an expensive camera out.

"Would you take my picture?" she asked.

I took twenty shots of her. Later in the week she sent me a picture and a note, "For a wonderful day lost in the woods with a man! Thank you for keeping me safe and being funny!" - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 10.14.15
 

No comments:

Post a Comment