Thursday, October 13, 2016

Common Sense Resistence.




Reading about the protests at Standing Rock I came across a comment, I assume was from a white person. DeDuck Dolan said, "So if this hate group gets praise for this, would the KKK or Westboro get the same treatment? I'm just asking questions."


Black Lives Matter Movement stands in solidarity
with Standing Rock. 2016


"How in the world did the Black Lives Matter movement become a hate group?" I responded. "They are following a long line of groups in Black American history that defended their communities against the terror of white people's murderous history. The Panthers. Deacons for Defense. There were secret groups. Returning Vietnam vets created small groups here in there to protect and educate their people.

So, when and how did your assessment make sense? Are you alarmed that this group is keenly aware of the bloody trail of massacres and torture white Americans played out and justified and promoted generation after generation against Blacks after slavery? What they understand you hold in contempt?

I don't get it. Well, actually I do. I know a lot about this history and how the definition of terror and freedom fighter are interchangeable in the vernacular of the dominant group."  - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories



Standing Rock protest art by Jackie Fawn.



No comments:

Post a Comment