Sunday, November 8, 2009

HEALING & BODY WISDOM



Here is my reaction to the truth within MARIA VAMVALIS' blog





There is brilliance in your admission: “Like one of my great teachers, Marion Woodman, I have resisted the call to dig into the humus of my own being and get acquainted with what I might find there. Wouldn't it be easier to just keep the mind-body split that is at the heart of our culture going? Who wants to dig so deeply into our flawed humanity and face our imperfections? Let's face it - unless one is possessed by a deep passion for truth or is forced by life circumstances (or both) - it does not present itself as a compelling pathway. At least, not in a culture that thrives on perfectionistic ideals and efficiency.”


I have seen this attitude in many people, and heard it in thousands of stories expressed countless times during the Bush administration from an assortment of characters. Traveling around the country, particularly in the South, and among the rich I’ve seen this outlook on life, and seen it staring back at me in their eyes studying me, and my ways. Perhaps it was presumptuous of me to expect, or wonder why someone wouldn’t make those, as you call it; “dig into the humus of my own being...” ~ Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories


No comments:

Post a Comment