Tuesday, November 3, 2009

HEALING, MOTHER'S HEART & WAR

“I allowed a moment to drink from the moon last night. I had a breakthrough with the young men I am working with yesterday eve. Your words came at a powerful time of transition for me, Melanie. Our son's walk a man's path the way they are called. My son went into the Air Force and served four years. He went to Iraq. I prayed him out of there. I didn't want him in that war because, first, as an Indian and a child of the Yoruba people participating in the conquest of another people the way our ancestors were crushed by the Americans was too grievous a contradiction.




But Lemuel entered the service, and now he is a police officer. I had given him a lot of medicine and warrior teachings over the span of his youth, and it has set him apart. He like all soldiers enter into the arena of war that has no promises except one, and this is often missed by Western soldiers, ‘death gives life its essence’. I knew from personal experience, not from books, that his answer to the call to fight was engineered by unseen elements that shape life and our deaths, and to stay present, and out of the way he needed to make a relationship with his death. This act of power is best done with the leading of elders, and old wise soldiers. But it was only I to give him this medicine. It is even more important that Ben remains within my 'ceremonial times', and that he recognize and enter into the arena of law enforcement, and service ceremonially. If you can get him to this understanding get him purified before he leaves off to war training.



I am speaking as Dawn Wolf.”

No comments:

Post a Comment