Sunday, November 10, 2013

RANIYA



Sophie-Mayanne captured Raniya on the 19th of Novembre 2012. She captured something more than an expression upon a beautiful face. What it is I don't know, but I recognize it! I can give it a name, but that name lives beyond words. I can touch it, but it does not need to be touched. I can look at it, but I must be careful how I look at her. I can dream, or sense what the lips feel like,but I cannot disrespect the flesh or the image of a woman insinuating dominance or privileged entitlement. I can guess in the eyes the emotion, or say what she is looking at, or what she sees. But seeing is within a person. It is a private thing only made public by utterances into the breath of Life by the breath of our life.

It is a mysterious thing you captured, Sophie-Mayanne. It is a work of art the silences in the winds, the musings of the soul, and design and structure of evolution a person's face can show to another. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 1.27.13





No comments:

Post a Comment