Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sacred our Homes.


14 poles of Tipi:
Obedience, Respect, Humility, Joy, Love, Faith, Kinship, Cleanliness, Appreciation, Strength, Foundation of Values, Hope Protection, flaps control wind.


Tipis behind the First Nations University of Canada in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. photo by travel journalist Barbara Woolsey born in this town of Filipina & Scot-Irish parents. March 16, 2015.



House the Mayan built in the long ago.


homeless woman by Win McNamee in snow storm of 2016 on Constitution Ave. NW in Washington DC.


Housing in Caracas, Venezuela by photographer, Frédéric Solenthaler.
from the adventurous life of Barbara Woolsey. 2014.  

"A deep feeling comes over me looking at housing like this in any country I've lived in, traveled through, or studied in the privacy of my office. As a boy in the Philippines I remember the feel of the people, and those tin shacks they lived in. They were welcoming. They were different things there and in the parts of Africa I lived in, but I was keenly aware of how 'white' was my perception of other people's poverty and kept myself listening and respectful. I had to. As a Creek and Crow Indian of African ancestry this was the intuition of my ancestors and my parents to be diligent and mindful of what had been planted within me that may be misinterpreted. . ." - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories Jan. 7, 2017  


No comments:

Post a Comment